STEP: READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
- Jack rear of truck and support the axle with jack stands.
- Although not necessary, remove the bed of the truck.
- Locate the spare tire crossmember. This is the narrow piece of channel held on by rivets just behind the shock crossmember.
- Remove the spare tire crossmember by drilling out the rivets and pressing the rivet out with a punch.
- Using a floor jack maneuver the new tank into position. The tank locates just behind the shock crossmember with the step down portion of the tank facing the rear of the vehicle. (The tank has cutouts on the mounting flanges that allow for clearance of the rear spring hanger).
- Once positioned, use large “c” clamps to hold tank in place. Drill the frame with a 3/8” drill bit using the mounting flange holes as guides.
- Position mounting straps on top of the lower portion of frame rail as seen in diagram.
- There are extra locations for fittings to be placed. Make sure to vent the tank so that vent tube sits higher than tank.
- If you have purchased a side fill tank, you will need to “C” notch the top of frame to allow for clearance of the fill. The “C” notch plate is included with the tank.