Part # (WBKS4953)
Read these instructions completely before installing this kit!!!
Before beginning installation, make sure your wheels fit on the disc rotor.
Make sure this kit fits your application before painting or plating. Parts that have been painted, plated or modified may not be returned.
This Conversion Kit uses the following rotors and seals:
- 65-67 mustang rotors
Bearings and seals:
- A-2 outer bearings
- A-6 inner bearings
- 6815 bearing seals
- Mounting hardware
- Jack the front of vehicle and support the axle with jack stands.
- Remove the wheels, brake drums, hub assembly and backing plate assembly.
- Clean and prep the spindle.
- 4a Mount the round primary caliper bracket onto the outside of the spindle using the supplied bolts, as seen in Figure C. Make sure welded spacers are mounted to the inside of vehicle.
4b. Mount secondary caliper bracket to the inside rear of primary caliper bracket, as seen in Figure B & C.
- Slide the bearing adapter over the spindle shaft and make sure it is touching the old seal surface. (Note: the bearing adapter has a chamfer on the inner diameter, this faces inward. These adapters may fit snug, although most seem to slide right on.
- Pack the bearings with good quality disc brake bearing grease and install the seals.
- Install the rotors, outer bearing, retaining washer and nut. See figure B. Torque assembly to 12ft/lbs while spinning rotor, then back of nut to nearest slot and install cotter pin.
- Install grease caps, calipers and brake hoses. Make sure the bleeder screws are on the top of the caliper. Pointing upward.
- Bleed brakes and you are done at the wheel, Enjoy!