Steps: Read these instructions carefully!
IMPORTANT: THIS KIT CONTAINS 12” ROTORS, THE ORIGINAL WHEELS MAY NOT FIT. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK WHEELS BEFORE ASSEMBLY, THIS WAY YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DO NOT FIT.
- Jack front of truck and support the axle with jack stands.
- Remove the wheels, brake drums, hub assembly and backing plate assembly.
- Clean and prep the spindle.
- Mount the caliper bracket onto the outside of the spindle using the supplied bolts. (Note: the brackets should face the rear of the truck and the step of the bracket should be towards the inside of the truck) See diagram. Slide the calipers onto bracket with bleeder screw pointing up. The caliper may not slide completely onto the bracket due to a casting protrusion found on some calipers. In these cases you will need to clearance the casting until the caliper fits all the way onto the caliper bracket, this is normal. A this point, run the steering wheel from side to side to make sure the caliper bracket clears the king pin set pin. You may need to grind the threads on the set pin flush with the nut, this is normal. Remove calipers from caliper brackets.
- When the hub and drum assembly were removed, you may have noticed that the drum was riveted to the hub. If so you need to drill the rivets out with a 3/8” drill bit to rmove drum from hub assembly.
- Assemble the hub and rotor assembly as shown in diagram. Remember that the rotor mounts from the back side of the hub.
- Re-pack the bearings with good quality disc brake bearing grease and install new seals.
- Install the rotor/hub assembly, outer bearing, and retaining washer. Torque the assembly to 12ft/lbs while spinning the rotor, then back the nut off to nearest slot and install cotter pin.
- Install grease caps, calipers and brake hoses. Make sure the bleeder screws are on the top of the caliper.
- You are done at the wheel, Enjoy!
THIS KIT USES: 1971-86 CHEVROLET K-5/10 BLAZER 4WD ROTORS AND 1971-87 CHEVROLET C-10 TRUCK 2WD (HEAVY) CALIPERS.
1. We highly recommend that you upgrade to a power brake booster assembly. The kits are available in 2 or 4 wheel disc configurations, Call for Details!!
2. We also offer disc brake master cylinders proportioning valves and master cylinder adapter brackets for those who do not want to run power brakes! Call for details.