- Disconnect battery ground cable when applies.
- Remove any fluid lines, wiring, cables, or any flammable materials in the areas where welding will be performed. Use a piece of sheet steel or aluminum between frame and floorboard to protect carpeting also. Remove carpet and padding where possible.
- Install rubber trans mount and crossmember with 7/16” hardware provided.
- Use sketch to position frame brackets. Notice trans crossmember mounts on top of brackets with 3/8” bolts pointing down.
- Insure all areas on frame where welding is done are free of paint and grease. TIG or MIG welding processes are recommended.
- Use body mounts as reference points and a square to insure correct crossmember positioning prior to welding.
- Tach weld before completing welds along full length of brackets on bottom and top side of bent ends.