For Part #‘s (WBK5-6062 & WBK5-6370)
Read these instructions completely before installing this kit!!!
Before beginning installation, make sure your wheels fit on the disc rotor.
Make sure this kit fits your application before painting or plating. Parts that have been painted, plated or modified may not be returned.
This Conversion Kit uses the following rotors and calipers:
- 69-72 Chevelle (or GM equivalent)
- 70-81 camaro (or gm equivalent) when supplied
- uses 79-81 Camaro with 10mm.
Bearings and seals:
- A2 outer bearings
- A13 inner bearings
- 8705s bearing seals
- mounting hardware
- Remove the old drum brake assemblies so all that remains are the stock spindles. Inspect the bearing surfaces on the spindle. If the spindle is grooved, a piece of 180-grit emery cloth can be used to clean it up.
- Install the bearing adapter onto the spindle. The adapter will need to be heated so it can expand for easier installation. This can be achieved placing it in boiling water or setting it on a light bulb for about 5 minutes.
- Install the caliper mounting bracket on the spindle, with the caliper opening towards the rear of the truck.
- Take the inner bearing and slide it onto the spindle. If the bearing will not go on, use a piece of 180-grit emery cloth to take down the spindle.
- Remove stock inner race from rotor and replace it with the race supplied in the A13 bearing set. Grease all bearings and install them with the grease seal.
- Install the rotor onto the spindle and tighten the spindle nut. Install the cotter pin and dust cap.
- Install caliper with the bleeder pointing up. Make sure everything is good and tight and proceed to bleed the system.