Steps: Read these instructions carefully!
IMPORTANT: THIS KIT CONTAINS 12” ROTORS, THE ORIGINAL WHEELS MAY NOT FIT.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK WHEELS BEFORE ASSEMBLY, THIS WAY YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DO NOT FIT.
1. Jack rear of truck and support the axle with jack stands.
2. Remove the wheels, brake drums, axles and backing plate assembly.
3. Clean and prep the mounting flange area of rear end.
4. Mount the caliper bracket onto the inside of the axle flange using the supplied bolts. (Note: the brackets should face the rear of the truck and the spacers on the bracket should be between the caliper bracket and mounting flange) See diagram.
5. Reinstall the axles with the new rotors attached. (Secure the rotor to the axle by using two of the lug nuts you took off). At this point install the calipers and check for clearance.
NOTE 1: You may need to file the spacers on the caliper bracket to get proper clearance. This is normal due to axle flange variations.
NOTE 2: In some cases the axle flange may need to be turned down so rotors will fit over it. This can be done with a hand grinder, but it is recommended you take the axles to a machine shop.
6. Once proper clearance is obtained, be sure to torque all bolts. Mounting bolts need to be torqued to 50 ft/lbs dry or 35 ft/lbs lubricated.
7. Install brake hose. Double check all parts for interference and bolts for tightness. Proceed to bleed brake system.
This kit uses 1980-85 Cadillac Seville rear calipers with emergency brakes. Your original emergency brake cables may not work.
Call (562) 949-0455, this is Control Cable. They can make any cable you may need and are familiar with this type of setup.
1. We highly recommend that you upgrade to a power brake booster assembly. The kits are available in 2 or 4 wheel disc configurations, Call for Details!!
2. We also offer disc brake master cylinders proportioning valves and
master cylinder adapter brackets for those who do not want to run power brakes! Call for details.