Calipers to be used
Cutlass – 78-88
Regal – 78-87
El Camino – 78-88
Camaro – 82-89
Malibu – 78-83
Firebird – 82-89
Rotors – 7/16 thread lug nuts
Cutlass – 79-81
Monte Carlo – 79-81
El Camino – 79-81
Grand Prix – 79-81
Regal – 79-81
Lemans – 79-81
Rotors – metric thread lug nuts
Cutlass – 82-89
Camaro – 82-87
Firebird – 82-87
El Camino – 82-87
Grand Prix – 82-87
Monte Carlo – 82-88
Malibu – 82-83
Steps: READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE INSTALLING THIS KIT. Make sure this kit fits your application before painting or plating. Parts that have been painted or modified may not be returned.
- Spindles are marked LH (driverside) RH (passenger side) and should be installed that way. Calipers will mount towards the back.
- Calipers should be mounted with bleeder the screw towards the top.
- Original steering arms should be installed with the bolts supplied for the spindles.
- Bearings and seals for the above rotors should be used.
- The brake hoses to be used are from a 79-81 Camaro or Firebird.
- Banjo bolts for the brake hoses are M-10 thread and are used on the above calipers.
- Brakes should be properly bled to insure there is no air trapped in the brake lines.
- After installing the spindles, the front end alignment must be checked and adjusted.
- Check turning of spindles, for rubbing or hitting on A-Frames.
- When upgrading the brake system to a disc/drum brake system, it will be necessary to install a proportioning valve.
- We recommend installing a dual reservoir master cylinder and a power booster.
- When installing the spindles, always use the proper tools and equipment to make the job as safe as can be.