STEP: READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
- Jack rear of truck and support the axle with jack stands.
- Remove the bed of the truck.
- Locate the spare tire crossmember. This is the narrow piece of channel held on by rivets just behind the shock crossmember.
- Remove the spare tire crossmember by drilling out the rivets and pressing the rivet out with a punch.
- Using a floor jack maneuver the new tank into position. The tank locates just behind the shock crossmember with the step down portion of the tank facing the rear of the vehicle.
- Once positioned, use large “c” clamps to hold tank in place. Drill the frame with a 3/8” drill bit using the mounting flange holes as guides.
- Position mounting straps on top of the lower portion of frame rail as seen in diagram.
- There are extra locations for fittings to be placed. Make sure to vent the tank so that vent tube sits higher than tank.
- If you have purchased a side fill tank, you will need to “C” notch the top of frame to allow for clearance of the fill.
FRAME PREPARATION FOR ALUMINUM FUEL TANKS
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS CONVERSION.
MAKE SURE THIS KIT FITS YOUR APPLICATION BEFORE PAINTING OR PLATING. PARTS THAT HAVE BEEN PAINTED, PLATED OR MODIFIED MAY NOT BE RETURNED.
- Start by removing the bed of the truck.
- The spare tire crossmember needs to be removed. It is the narrow crossmember, two crossmembers back from the shock crossmember. It is only mounted at the bottom of the frame rails and is held by one rivet on each side. To remove the rivets that hold the crossmember to the frame, either grind the heads off or drill out the centers and knock the rivets out.
- Using a jack to hold the new fuel tank in place, push the tank up from the bottom.
- Install the mounting rails under the tank ledges.
- Drill three 3/8” holes into the frame and tank mounting flange on each side of the tank and bolt in place.
- To vent the tank, the 90 degree 1/4 NPT fitting should be installed in the top threaded opening of the tank. Attach approximately 3 ft. of hose to the other end of the fitting.
The “C” notch plate is included with the tank.