PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE BEGINNING INSTALLATION!
- Remove the leaf springs and shock absorbers from the car.
- Remove all of the leaf spring attaching brackets and hardware from the chassis.
- Mark the area that needs to be cut out of the bottom of the frame for the front spring mount pocket (part #1) as shown on fig. B. This cut out should be approximately 3” wide by 18” long, with the 1 1/4” hole in the side of the frame centered with one of the holes in the spring mounting pocket.
- NOTE: When working on the passenger side of the frame, the spare tire well may need to be modified or removed.
- Tack weld the shackle hanger (part #10) centered and parallel with the top of the frame and 57” from the 1 1/4” hole as shown in fig. B.
- Use the frame notch plate (part #8) as a template by positioning it on the side of the frame and mark the area that needs to be cut out for the shackle frame notch.
- Cut out the areas marked on the frame, and grind the edges clean if necessary.
- Tack weld the shackle notch plates and spring mounting pocket to the frame, Recheck all measurements. Weld all the pieces in place.
- Install the leaf springs (part #2) into the spring mounting pockets. The front of the spring has the pressed in bushings.
- Assemble the spring bushings (part #6) and the 5/8” sleeve (part #7) into the rear spring eye and shackle mount.
- Install one end of the shackle (part #9) to the frame mount and the other end to the spring. Do not use the middle hole.
- Weld spring seats (part #4) to the bottom side of the axle housing at 38” apart, centered between the backing plates, and with the pinion shaft at an angle of 5 degrees. Sloping up towards the front.
- Position the axle over the springs. Make certain that the stud on the spring fits inside the spring seat.
- Assemble the U-bolts over the rear axle and through the 5 hole plates (part #3). The 5 hole plates mount under the axle with the shock absorber mounting holes facing towards the inside front of the car.
- Mount the shock absorbers.
SUPPLEMENT TO REAR RELOCATION KIT
IMPORTANT! The supplied washers are to be used between rear spring, shackle bushings and shackle plates.