- Block the front wheels and raise the rear of the car, placing jack stands under the frame just ahead of the rear suspension.
- With the car elevated on the jack stands, place a floor jack under the rear axle and raise it just until the weight is taken off the rear springs.
- Doing one side at a time, remove the U-bolts.
- Raise the rear axle with the floor jack to provide space for the lowering blocks directly under the axle.
- Carefully insert the new lowering block between the underside of the axle housing and the top of the trailing arm. Then, hang the new longer U-bolts over the axle, guiding it through the holes in the lowering block, trailing arm and the bottom shock mounting plate.
- Install the nuts and the washers onto the U-bolts, torque to factory specifications or 75-85 ft-lbs.
- Repeat the procedure for the other side, remove the jack stands and lower the car to the ground.
- Re-torque the U-bolts after 200 miles and 500 miles.
- Floor Jack
- Jack Stands
- Socket Set
- Torque Wrench