POWER STEERING PUMP BRACKET – #PS301
NOTE: MAKE SURE THIS KIT FITS YOUR APPLICATION BEFORE PAINTING OR PLATING. PARTS THAT HAVE BEEN PAINTED, PLATED OR MODIFIED MAY NOT BE RETURNED.
- This bracket is designed to be used with the non-metric Chevrolet pumps with attached reservoir. Most pre ‘69 V-8 pumps have a single groove pulley attached with a nut, while the later V-8 pumps can have either a single or a double groove pressed on pulley. Either style may be used. Most short water pump applications use a crankshaft power steering pulley that bolts over the existing pulley. This should align with the power steering pump pulley.
- Loosely attach the lower bracket to the lower threaded stud protruding from the power steering pump and the engine as shown.
- There are two possible ways to mount the lower bracket depending on your needs. There is a lower position and a higher position. The difference is the location of the hole that attaches to the pump in relation to those that mount to the engine. To assemble the kit in the lower position, simply flip the lower mounting plates over.
- Loosely attach the adjusting arm bracket to the pump and the engine. Use 1/8” washer between the spacer and the water pump on the adjustment bracket.
- Verify the fit of your belts with the bracket positions and then tighten all the bolts and adjust the belt tension as normal.
NOTE: Some Engine Blocks may need to be drilled to mount the power steering bracket. The bracket can be used as a template for marking the holes. Use a 3/8-16” tap and drill holes 11/16” deep.
Leave a Reply