Covers both WBK5-4759 AND WBK5-475912
BRACKET MAY NEED TO BE CLEARANCED FOR PROPER FIT!
STEPS: Read these instructions carefully!
Jack front of truck and support the axle with jack stands.
Remove the wheels, brake drums, hub assembly and backing plate assembly.
- Clean and prep the spindle.
- 4A) WBK5-4759 – Mount the caliper bracket onto the outside of the spindle using the supplied bolts and the six smaller spacers supplied in the kit.
(Note: the brackets should face the rear of the truck and the spacers go between the bracket and spindle, 11” kit only).
4B) WBK5-475912 – Mount caliper brackets onto the outside of spindle using supplied bolts as shown in figure B & C. (Note: no spacers are required on this kit) make sure bracket offset is toward outside of vehicle.
- Slide the bearing adapter over the spindle shaft and make sure it is touching the old seal surface. (Note: the bearing adapter has a large diameter and a small diameter, the small diameter faces outward). these adapters may fit snug, although most seem to slide right on.
- Remove the inner race from the rotors and press in the new race supplied in the kit.
- Pack the bearings with good quality disc brake bearing grease and install the seals.
- 8A) WBK5-4759 – Install the rotors, outer bearing, and retaining washer. Next install the large spacer supplied with the kit and the spindle nut. Torque the assembly to 12ft/lbs while spinning the rotor, then back the nut off to nearest slot and install cotter pin.
8B) WBK5-475912 – Install the rotors, outer bearing, outer bearing adapter, retaining washer and nut. See figure B torque assembly to 12ft/lbs while spinning rotor, then back of nut to nearest slot and install cotter pin.
- Install grease caps, calipers and brake hoses. Make sure the bleeder screws are on the top of the caliper.
- You are done at the wheel, Enjoy!
- WBK5-4759 – THIS KIT USES 1970-78 CAMARO ROTORS AND CALIPERS. (OR GM EQUIVALENT) INNER BEARING AND RACE ARE: A-13 OR SET 13.
- WBK5-475912 – THIS KIT USES 12” CAMARO ROTORS AND 70-78 CAMARO CALIPERS (OR GM EQUIVALENT)